Cambridge International Education
At middle years, we offer Cambridge Lower Secondary curriculum. This curriculum serves as a best extension to IB PYP as it prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning.
The curriculum provides a broad and balanced education for your learners, helping them to thrive throughout their schooling, work and life.
Here is a list of subjects that we offer:
- Global Perspectives
- Art and Design
- Digital Literacy
- Physical Education
- German / French
With subjects that we offer students get plenty of opportunities to develop creativity, expression and wellbeing in a variety of ways.
The curriculum is shaped around how students want to learn and is adapted to suit our context, culture and ethos. Five elements lie at the heart of a Cambridge education: international curriculum, teaching and learning, assessment, international recognition and global community.
Teaching and Learning in CIE
The learner and teacher attributes –
- innovative and
- engaged – are powerful, aspirational and inspiring. They are built into all of our syllabuses and qualifications to ensure they are relevant, challenging and productive.
Assessments in CIE
Assessment in CIE has two important roles:
- To prove what a student has learnt
- To improve a student’s understanding and skills.
- They are designed to be fair, valid, reliable and practicable, so that every Cambridge exam provides a true picture of a student’s ability.
- Include written and oral assessments along with coursework and practical assessment. It includes deep subject knowledge, conceptual understanding, and higher level thinking skills.
- Cambridge qualifications are globally recognised, accepted by universities and employers at home and around the world. A Cambridge qualification comes with an impressive reputation, and will retain its value for a lifetime of education and employment.
Our school is part of a global community. To make sure our qualifications remain relevant, world class, recognised and respected, Cambridge schools collaborate with help each other achieve the best outcomes for their students.